Saturday 1 December 2012

Some Story

Hi internet friends here is the middle of my story!!!! Hope you enjoy.
Trifore: Griffin
Catundra: gyspy fighter
Mirage: Catahuman
Merback; levitation turtle


 My eyes shoot open and I am already in feline form.
I watch as our camp is attack by creatures, with sharp yellow eyes, toad skin, and short faces. A pair of green monsters with piercing teeth attacks Catundra and Ripple. Catundra fights back strangling the football shaped demons with a long ribbon.
Mirage, in jaguar form rips a beast to shreds.  “Difyn! There goblins. Stupid creatures, a distraction for something bigger.” Something bigger…. Oh no.
 I snarl as a trio of goblins jump onto my back hitting me with long wooden roads. I roll onto my side squishing a goblin between my black body and the fern coated ground. The two other goblins jump off of me running. Merback stops them with his swinging tail. He knocks the goblins like bowling pins as they fly through the air crashing into a log.
I look around. The goblins have all been killed. I transform back to human and Trifore emerges from the treetops landing in the campsite. “The dragon queen is sending an ogre and a troll.”
I thought the “something bigger’ would be more threatening. “So what? We can fight off a grumpy old man living under a bridge and Shrek. No problem.” I say chuckling.
Trifore grimaces at me. “Those are children’s tales. Trolls are fierce long body dragon-like creatures covered with stone. They are sly like a fox and agile like a cat. And ogres, giant men crafted with wood and stone, built for war.” He pauses “You newcomers are trouble.” He uses he’s eagle wings to send himself into the air. I watch as he flies into the distance.
“Don’t worry he’ll be back.” Says Merback.
“He just needed to blow off some esteem.” Adds Catundra while cleaning her silk ribbon from goblin blood.
“What did he mean by we are trouble?” Asks Ripple.
“Well the dragon queen never really paid attention to us. But now… ever since you have arrived.”
I finish Mirage off “She has.”
“Well drama aside we have to prepare for the troll and ogre.” Announces Merback.
In seconds Trifore lands next to Mirage. Ripple is brought into the brownies safety tree dome protesting but we all know she can’t fight being human.
I stand next to my fellow fighters as the ground starts shaking. Different then the shaking when this world was reveled. That shaking came from all around, this shaking comes from straight deep in the earth.
A large shape reveals itself to us from behind the trees. It is basically what Trifore described. A man about ten feet tall made with stone and wood. Its face is formed with curved bark and dark red eyes peering down at us.
Trifore and Catundra spring into action. Trifore launches himself at the ogre knocking his body off balance. Catundra yelps at him distracting the stone man. She dances around him with a ribbon twisting it around his body leaving him tied up. The mighty monster falls to the ground.
I am about to open my mouth and laugh at the easy task but something bursts from the earth untying the ogre with speed.

It must be the troll. The troll then penetrates back into the earth like a bullet digging underground.
The ogre slaps at Trifore with his giant over sized hand knocking him down. Mirage runs to fight the scary Shrek leaving Merback and me to battle the tricky troll. 
The slick body of the troll pops from out of the ground. It shakes dirt from its rocky body. I look into its green cat eyes almost identical to mine, I know this is going to be a fight to the death. I transform into my panther self and slash him with my claws. From his lizard arm stones crumble away. Green mossy liquid oozes from the cut. He hisses and jumps back into soil.
Everything goes still, well it feels like it. Then breaking the deafening silence the troll pounces out from under Merback. I roar in anger as Merback spins through the air crashing against a rock.
I launch onto the troll pinning him down. He outsmarts me and takes his dagger tail and jams it into my stomach. I growl in pain as we roll around. I bite at his neck with razor sharp teeth. I feel pain shooting in my jaw. A tooth falls from my mouth. I forgot I am biting rock.
The troll takes his jagged teeth and digs them into my arm, past the fur, past the skin. Blood pours from my arm. Pain is no longer just a short outburst it is running through every inch of my body.
He slams me to the ground holding his sharp tail to my neck. He starts to cut into my flesh I bite my tongue and feel myself going into shock but then it all stops. The troll collapses onto me. Mossy blood squirts from its head.
I push him off of me and stare at his face. Right in between his eyes is an arrow. I look toward the direction the arrow had come from. Ripple stands holding a bow. Brownies surround her in awe.
“I’m sorry catahuman, she refused to stay in the dome.” Says one of the brownies.
“Ripple?” I stare at her in awe.
“What? You forgot that its eyes are on the sides of its head creating a blind spot. I just shot there.”
I look behind me as Trifore destroys the ogre by knocking his head clean off.
“Where is Merback?’ asks Catundra. I run over to the rock where he hit.
“His shell is destroyed! Cracked. And I think he is knocked out.”
“It’s okay the pixies will be here soon.” Says Mirage. I look at her puzzled. “See here they are.” She adds.
I witness about fifty small, only about half an inch naked people, mostly ladies buzz around, and then they all stop at small triangular bright colored flowers.
The ladies dance into the flowers, the pedals wrap around the ladies tiny bodies making perfect fitting dresses. The males float down into leaves that grow around their bodies creating a full body green suite.
The pixies buzz into a giant swarm. The swarm of people twists around Merback, his shell sticks back together fixing perfectly.
Then the swarm twirls around the other members of the group healing their scraps, cuts, and bruises.
The pixies circle around my neck. Immediately the tooth holes relax and slowing disappear, they do the same with my arm and stomach. Then the pixies flutter above us dropping their clothes showering us with petals and leaves. 
The natural confetti rains down on us.  “Why do they even bother wearing clothes just to take them off?”
“They do it for humans to please them take away any awkwardness, pixies try to please everyone, that is their fault, lust. They are one of two creatures in any world that devote their lives for other creatures.” Say Mirage.
“What’s the other? Fairies?”

No comments:

Post a Comment